7.23.2009

Cake anyone?

This cake looks so yummy and refreshing for summer! I think I'll make it this weekend.

PINK LEMONADE CAKE
1 (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
1 (6 oz.) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 c. whipping cream
2 tbsp. sugar
1 qt. vanilla ice cream
6 drops red food coloring
Prepare cake according to package directions, bake in 2 (9 x 1 1/2 inch) pans. Cool. Stir ice cream to soften, quickly stir in red coloring and 1/2 cup of lemonade. Spread evenly in foil lined pan. Freeze 2 to 3 hours until firm. Whip cream with remaining lemonade and sugar until stiff. Place ice cream layer in center of cake layers, frost with whipping cream. Return to freezer for at least one hour.


Also, you should listen to these three songs. I have listened to them about 99 times each today:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


And just to leave you with a photo, I found this today. Taken in 2006 of my sweet nephew Alex asleep on the train at the Tulsa Zoo.


Your assignment: listen to some good music today.

4 comments:

christina said...

that cake sounds DELICIOUS...and i don't even really like cake! i want an update if you make it this weekend.

Kimberlee said...

that last picture is so cute!! i want to hear how the cake tastes!! it sounds interesting but looks so yummie!!! im always scared to try new recipes that someone hasnt tried before!

Amy and Clark said...

I'm intrigued by the cake and almost made it for a dinner gathering today. But then I decided I would let you make it first and tell me how it turned out. If it as delicious as it sounds, I will give it go!

By the way, i've been enjoying the songs very much!

Janssen said...

That cake looks amazing!

I'm so excited to go to Tejis this week!