7.14.2009

Check out Austin

We are already loving Austin, it's such a fun city. Saturday night we went and saw the famous bats that fly out from under Congress street bridge at dusk every night. There were thousands of them!

We also ate at a delicious Indian Restaurant called Clay Pit and strolled the streets of downtown Austin. It really is the Live Music Capital - music was on every street! Including a bum who sang a special song just for us entitled, "The Secret to Life." He wasn't too bad actually.

Look at that week! Without the heat index!

It's official!


Love, love, love Indian food!





6 comments:

Brianna Scott said...

Austin is really cool. We were there in May to visit my brother. It's a fabulous city. How is Dave liking the job?

Jennah said...

What a fun city! I'm so glad that you are enjoying it! Miss you

Mo and Mel said...

Austin looks amazing! We miss you guys so much! We look forward to more pictures and posts soon,
Melissa, Morgan, Wyatt and Avery

Steoger Fam said...

I hear Austin is a pretty hip place. I'm sure it's just your cup o tea! Hearing about that Indian place made me want Naan bread. I looked up a recipe online. I think maybe I'll get ambitious and make it today. I'll let you know how it turned out!

Amy and Clark said...

I'm so glad you got to see the bats! What an experience! Have you been able to check out the capitol building yet? It is really cool. I love that you guys live in Austin now, but it is still really far away from us. Are you heading to Utah any time this summer?

martin said...

man, i am pumped for you guys. austin does seem exciting. congrats professor shumway. you've helped me a lot to have the courage to pursue audio and music.