12.27.2010

Updates from Oklahoma ~ Christmas Day




What is a Christmas without a little Star Wars battle Those are my nephews Isaac and Alex playing with their favorite new toy.  Christmas was so wonderful this year!  The whole Layton family was together in my parents house.  It was fun to have little kids there to bring the magic of Christmas back.  I had memories of when I was 8 and opening my "main" present - a little doll that talked and pooed and cried.  I loved her already.  And then my mom said, "Oops! Santa messed up, that's Stephanie's doll."

I didn't really understand how Santa could mess up but I handed the treasured gift over to Stephanie and apprehensively opened my REAL main present.  It was a shiny blue and red talking interactive computer-like toy that read facts about different things from information cards you put in the side.  Santa did know me...I liked this even more than the doll (dorky kid).

Being pregnant over Christmas was interesting.  I have more of an appetite than ever, but less room than ever as well.  So I ate in shifts, usually a little plate of something every few hours.  One night I woke up at 3:15am to my stomach violently growling.  All I could think was, "something else has to be going on, there is no way I am hungry."  But those babies are growing and I was indeed hungry so I wobbled downstairs and got a piece of toast, a banana, some crackers, and juice.  At 3:15 in the morning.

Here I am 7 months pregnant

Steph called me "Preggo" the whole trip.  My whole family was nice about doing things for me and helping me avoid the following activities:
1. bending
2. twisting (followed by bending)
3. sitting in a hard chair
4. refilling my drinks
5. bending (did I mention this?  cause I really can't do it anymore)

My sisters and me - Stephanie on the left and LeAnne on the right.

Here are just some of my mom's decorations.  Did I mention Martha Stewart gets most of her decorating tips from my mom?  Seriously this woman is talented.





Me and Pops helping with Christmas dinner.

Isaac (A.K.A. Alvin) setting up his new game "Trouble."

And this is my sweet little 11 month old nephew Nathan.  He is the happiest little chunkster around and when he gets really excited, his arms, legs, hands, and feet spin up and unwind while he scrunches up his face and laughs a sort of screechy old man laugh.  Now if that visual didn't make you smile then you need to reread and use your imagination.  It's adorable.

"And God Bless You And Send You a Happy New Year..."

Just chillin with "Teppy"

Guess he was still hungry after the bottle.

My brother Brandon manning the meat station

Alexander the Great (A.K.A. Simon)





Nathan and Papa - They have a special bond

Merry Christmas from Us

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh, the Laytons. Some of my favorite holiday memories as a child were the holidays our families spent together. I love your family!

You are adorable, by the way. So happy to see those bebes continue to grow, even at 3:15am. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited for you guys. The picture of you and Dave made me cry a little. Miss you guys!

CJess