10.27.2009

Shoulda Been a Bird

I love being outside so much that Dave says I should have been born a bird. I kind of agree sometimes, except birds don't get to do a lot of cool things like be photographers, get married, or eat taco soup.

Oh speaking of taco soup, I made some the other day and it was yummy. We ate it outside (again, the loving to be outside thing) on our patio which has been transformed into our dining room since we got rid of all the boxes. It's much better this way.

Taco Soup (makes around 20 servings, I freeze half of it and keep the leftovers in the fridge)
2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion chopped
10 oz can rotel
2 (16 oz) cans dices tomatoes (don't drain)
2 1/2 C frozen corn
15 oz can kidney beans
14 oz can pinto beans
2 C beef broth
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet taco seasoning mix
Shredded cheddar and sour cream for the top

Combine ground beef and onion in a large soup kettle. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese and simmer for 2-3 hours. Top with cheese and sour cream

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Why are we not there?! I'm so jealous of the perfect weather of Austin.