7.12.2010

Back to School...

I remember back in May when I signed up to teach summer school. Why?  Why would I do that?  Right when I was enjoying the summer, going to the pool, painting the house, sleeping in...

My alarm went off at 6:00am this morning and all I said to myself was "Why?"

But today is the first day and the first day is always the hardest right?  So far it has been good, I have had a student who woke up on the street with a hangover and came to school without shoes on, and a student who thinks he's going to ask his girlfriend to marry him because she knows how to change out a transmission and that is, "so freaking hot."


But hey, at least they're here at school and not...other places.

In other news, Dave and I finished painting the family room and dining room in our new favorite color and guess what...it looks awesome.  We love it.  Bleeker Beige turned out to be a creamy taupe with tan and gray tones to it.  Basically perfect for decorating with any colors.  So happy that debacle is over, now what colors for the bedrooms...haha...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'll see your "Whys?" and raise you a "what was I thinking?". haha! I'm working summer school and we're into our 3rd week, and I keep wondering what I was thinking...I can't even use the "The extra money is nice" excuse because really...the money isn't good. Oh well, I guess it keeps me on the school year routine...

Jenna said...

We must come see the casa!!!

Amy and Clark said...

I don't know how you are doing it. I am already freaking out that I only have 4 weeks of summer left. Where does the time go??
And I am dying for more pictures of the house!!! And congrats on finding the a great paint color!