4.12.2011

Bath Time with Mimi

Ok I admit it, I am kind of nervous to submerge these slippery little babies in water.  So I have been sponge bathing them since we brought them home from the hospital.  Well, now that Mimi is in town, she gave them their first sink bath and they loved it.  Kind of.  There were mixed emotions.  But I think it was a good first introduction to a real bath.
















Fun times.  Also guess what?  Since I became a mom, I have taken on this new brave bug killing role.  There was a spider in the kitchen the other day and I was holding Jane when I saw it.  I literally ran at the spider and stepped on it so fast that it didn't even know what was coming.  Usually I would have said something like, "Daaaave there's a spider in the kitchen, come kill it, ew hurry it's crawling really fast and getting closer to me!!"

Not any more.  That spider was an immediate threat to my family (you never know if those things can jump...5 feet 9 inches in the air...but still).

Brave New Mom
If I saw a cockroach though, we would move.

7 comments:

Gigi said...

It looks like Ethan and Jane really liked their baths in the sink. I love their expressions! And good for you "brave new mom" for keeping your family out of harms way! You rock!

Lindsey said...

I'm glad to hear that a brave mom kicks in after the baby comes. I'm such a baby with the creepy crawly world. The giant spiders of the south have been emerging lately and both Cory and his Dad have made fun of me for freaking out. Hopefully in a few months I'll be brave and do something about it rather than running away cringing and begging for someone to do something! What cute pictures!

Lauren Bingham said...

Okay, that fancy formula is totally worth it--looooove the little rolls!! And speaking of spiders, I had been putting off bagging the remainder of the leaves in our backyard (I swear they regenerate at night). So when I finally did last weekend, I quickly discovered that every bug, worm, beetle, spider, whatever else in North America had made its home in our leaf pile. Freaked. Out.

Mhari said...

I am soo with you on the cockroaches. At least we aren't living in South Austin - they freaking fly there and they are huge!

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture of Jane where she is looking right at you!! I wonder if Jane and Ethan are beginning to think that camera is literally a part of your face... ;) And I have to say, too, I just love your Mom. Thank you for sharing these sweet moments.

Erin said...

I love reading your updates because it makes me feel more sane! Claire has only gotten sponge baths too bc I have been to nervous also. She almost slipped out of my hand once just from a sponge bath, that almost gave me a heart attack! And so funny about the bugs, I still call Drew :)

jkhoek said...

They are adorable! They're looking so much more alert these days. Way to go with the full sink baths, grandma. And Jess, you crack me up with the cockroach comment. ha!